We have talked a lot about why you should make the leap and invest in flood insurance. No one can ever predict if you will be one of the millions that experience floods every year. Of course, we want you to know everything you can about the risk of floods so we thought we would tell you some of the facts that are out there regarding floods so that you know exactly what you are risking if you don’t have flood insurance.
- All homeowners insurance policies do not cover flood damage.
- If you live in a high-risk area, many mortgage companies require you to have flood insurance coverage.
- A couple of inches of water in your home or business has the ability to cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage.
- When there is a flash flood, you can see walls of water 10-15 feet high.
- Two feet of rushing water can easily carry away your car.
- Overlooked causes of flooding include snowmelt, winter storms and hurricanes.
- A $100,000 flood insurance plan costs an average of $33 a month ($400 a year) where a federal disaster assistance loan costs about $240 a month ($2,880 a year).
- You have a better chance of your home being damaged by a flood than a fire if you are in a high-risk area.
- 20 percent of National Flood Insurance Program flood claims are from people that live outside of a high-risk area.
We hope that reading these facts helps you make up your mind and invest in getting flood insurance. Call Superior Flood today to get started.